Dear friends and readers everywhere!
I can't begin to tell you how many times I have started to draft a post for my blog, only to be disappointed in it that I end up deleting it. Hopefully this draft will end up being published!
This post is mostly going to be an update, since I haven't posted in so long.
So what have I been doing? Writing, writing, writing, and yes, writing. But oddly enough not on here... (guilty face). I've been taking a College Writing class, which I know probably won't seem like much, but this is my senior year of high school, so it's kind of crazy to add college to the plate of schoolwork. So I've been weighed down with not only High School essays but with College essays too.
I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious, that another part of the reason why I have been MIA in the blogging world, is that I really just haven't been reading much! I've started several books but haven't completed them. It's terrible I know.
But now, I'm starting to get back into reading which I can only compare to the feeling of falling in love all over again. I thought I would add to this post a list of the last five books that I read and a link to the book review I wrote on GoodReads (if I wrote one).
5. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. I wrote a very, very brief review on this on goodreads. Overall, I enjoyed this book very much. I thought it had greatly improved since the first one and I will continue to read through the series.
4. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Guys, guys.... I have fallen in love with C.S. Lewis. I don't know what it is, but every book I have read by him (so far) has been mind blowing and filled with such awesomeness I can't even begin to describe it. This book might not be your favorite book, but it certainly is one of mine.
3. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. Recently I've kind of been on a kick to re-read all my favorite books, and this is certainly one of them. The first time I read this book I read it within 24 hours and could not put it down. I had the same experience re-reading it. I actually already have a review of this book here on my blog!
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I started re-reading this a long time ago, but put it down because I got into other books. I finally finished re-reading it and of course it was amazing! No matter how much people hype up The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices will always be my favorite Cassandra Clare books. The story is deep and I can really connect to the characters.
1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. The reason why I picked this book up was because a friend recommended it to me. I really had no interest in it before, but this was a really good book! It was raw and blunt and sometimes it felt like someone had just stabbed me with a cold knife. Definitely a must read.
So those are the books I read! Right now, I'm reading "The Horse and His Boy" by C.S. Lewis, "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green, and "Emma" by Jane Austen (which I really need to finish).
Until next time...
Miss Book Reader