Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bookish Academy Awards Tag!

So back when the Oscars where going on, bookadooodles created a tag about bookish academy awards. I saw Andreea from the moonlit bookshelf do this tag here on blogospheare and thought I would join in on the fun. So here we go!

1.Best Male Protagonist - Peter Pan from Peter Pan or Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie. He's the boy that never grows up and truly deserves this "award". 


2.Best Female Protagonist - Stargirl from Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. I love how incredibly unique she is. One of my favorite literary characters ever. 


3. Best Plot Twist - Clockwork Princess. There weren't any mind blowing twists, but this whole book was an emotional roller coaster ride that I had to mention it. 


4. Best Book Cover - Pride and Prejudice. I love this cover! Don't know why, but I do. I think it's because it fits the book perfectly. 


5. Best Male and Female Sidekick- Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars and Annabeth from the Percy Jackson Series. Need I say more? 


6. Most Unique Plot/World - Middle Earth from The Lord of the Rings. This world is incredible and the world building in these books is mind-blowing. 


7. Best Book-to-Movie Adaptation - Catching Fire. Even though I'm not much of a fan of these books, Catching Fire is my favorite of the series and the movie was amazing. 



8. A book that would work well in animated format - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This is pretty self-explanatory. 


9. A writer you discovered for the first time - C.S. Lewis.



10. Best Action in a Book - Divergent. The action is written perfectly in this series. 



11. Best Music in a book-to-movie adaptation - The Book Thief. Confession time. I haven't read the book but I did see the movie. John Williams composed the music, so it's no surprise that I loved it. 


12. Best Novella or Short Book - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. This was a charming story about imagination. I cannot wait to see the movie when it comes out.  


13. Best Stand-Alone - The Great Gatsby. Duh. 


14. Best Historical Fiction or Non-Fiction - Between Shades of Gray. Favorite Historical Fiction novel, ever. 



So that was the tag. Hoped you enjoyed it! If anyone wants to do this, feel free to do it. I tagged you. :) 


Miss Book Reader


No comments:

Post a Comment